Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative offers educational opportunities for our members, ranging from safety demonstrations to scholarships for higher learning. Two of the cooperative core principles are commitment to community and education. We strive to always be on the forefront on both of these principles. CMEC’s educational programs ensure that we are educating our members as well as educating future members within our community.
CMEC awards 6 $500 and one $1,000 scholarships for financial assistance to eligible cooperative member applicants. Completed applications must be received on or before April 30th each year.
Click HERE for information, application and rules.
Thomas H. Moore IEC Memorial Scholarship Program
The Thomas H. Moore Illinois Electric Cooperatives (IEC) Memorial Scholarship Program awards fifteen $2,000 scholarships annually to students entering college to assist them with educational costs. The fund was designed to financially assist deserving students in the “electric cooperative family,” while also providing a means for co-ops and individuals to honor deceased members of the co-op family through memorial gifts.
To Apply, Click Here.
$500.00 CMEC Scholarship
Each year Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative searches for outstanding scholastic students who are Cooperative members or under 21 years of age and legal dependents of a Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative member to receive the Coles-Moultrie Electric Scholarship.
Six $500 scholarships are awarded each year to outstanding scholastic students. Applicants must be either a Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative member or under 21 years of age and a legal dependent of a Coles-Moultrie member. Students are invited to apply for the scholarship beginning in February of each year. The deadline to return the scholarship is April 28, 2017.
- Applicant must be either a Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative member or under 21 years of age and a legal dependent of a Coles-Moultrie member.
- Applicant must be enrolled in either a 2 or 4 year degree program at an accredited institution in Illinois.
- Applicant cannot have previously received a Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative scholarship.
- Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative employees, directors, and any of their dependents are ineligible.
- Total of six (6) $500 scholarships will be awarded. Priority will be given to one applicant who is specializing in Electrical Technology.
- Applications must be received at Coles-Moultrie’s office (104 Dewitt Avenue East, P.O. Box 709, Mattoon, IL 61938) no later than April 28, 2017. Please include a portrait type of picture such as a senior picture.
To Apply, Click Here.
Youth Day and Youth to Washington Tour
- Applicants must be freshmen, sophomores, juniors, or seniors in the 2023-2024 school year
- Applicants must reside in a home served by CMEC
- Information has been shared with area high school principals and guidance counselors