To perform a speed test on your Internet connection, click here.
Here are some terms that can help you interpret your speed test:
- Download speed: how fast your connection delivers content to your computer or local area network (LAN).
- Upload speed: how fast content is delivered from your computer or LAN to others on the Internet. This measure is particularly important if you are using applications like VoIP and on-line gaming or if you are operating a server at your location.
- Kbps: kilobits per second.
- Mbps: megabits per second. One megabit per second equals 1 million bits per second. Mbps is the industry-standard used by Internet Service Providers.
- Ping: a request sent to determine the connection latency (delay) between your computer and the network.